Tusla - the Child and Family Agency
Since 2014 all Early Years Services come under the remit of Tusla-The Child and Family Agency.
Tusla-The Child and Family Agency is responsible for inspecting pre-schools, play groups, nurseries, crèches, day-care and similar services which cater for children aged 0-6, under the Child Care (Pre-School Services) Regulations 2006.
On their website under Early Years Services you will find information relating to the following.
The Child and Family Agency's services also have the remit for the following areas:
- Inspection services
- Inspection reports
- Types of pre-school services
- Lists of pre-school services
- Contact details of pre-school inspectors
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) for Early Years Services
- Tips for Parents
- Information on the new registration system.
- Child protection and welfare services
- Educational Welfare Services
- Psychological Services
- Alternative care
- Family and Locally-based Community Supports
- Early Years Services
- Domestic, Sexual and Gender-based Violence Services
For more information see: