Parent and Toddler Grants
The Parent & Toddler Group Initiative is a strategic partnership between the Department of Children, Equality, Disability Integration and Youth (DCEDIY) and the County Childcare Committees to assist the promotion and expansion of Parent and Toddler Groups.
The grants recognise that Parent and Toddler Groups are providing informal support to parents, grandparents and childminder's, as well as to young children. These groups are an important source of social contact especially for parents and families new to an area.
Applications for funding under this scheme should only be made by Parent & Toddler Groups that are organised on a not for profit basis and involve the participation of parents in the community.
The Department of Children and Youth Affairs publish Guidelines for Parent and Toddler Grants each year and the criteria for eligibility change each year. For the most up to date information please contact our parents officer on 046-9073010 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Funding will not be available for:
- Groups operating out of private homes.
- One off events such as outings, parties and trips.
- Groups with 4,000 or more income in the previous year.
- Groups that received funding the previous year but did not return the Progress Report.
- Any group interested in applying for this the grant should contact Maria in the office for details on 046-9073010 and an application pack.